Ever since my husband and I have been together, we’ve always believed strongly in date night. We’re crazy in love with each other and I think that our strong belief in date nights definitely helps to maintain that affection. Even though my husband and I have a two-year-old, we still continue to enjoy date nights, even if that means staying home and having a date night in instead of out.
One of my favorite date nights with my husband is actually when we stay home. Even though we love to eat dinner together as a family, there are some nights where my husband and I will save dinner for each other. After we put our son to bed, we turn on the music, spend time on the back porch, pour cocktails, light up the grill, turn on the oven, and cook dinner together.
Cooking dinner together is one of my favorite activities to do with my husband. It’s a simple pleasure in life that brings me so much joy and brings us so much togetherness.
Date nights don’t have to be complicated or elaborate to be fun and wholesome. As always, I believe the simpler the better. Whether you decided to stay in or go out, there are plenty of ways to enjoy a date, especially during the warmer summer months.
25 Summer Date Ideas You Will Love
Here are some simple and fun date ideas for the summer months:
- Go wine tasting at local wineries.
- Pack a picnic and go to your local park. Here are some of my favorite picnic essentials.
- Find a local water park, throw on your swimsuits, and have fun splashing around in the water.
- Head to the beach / lake / community pool and be prepared for a lot of fun. Here are 15 of my favorite beach essentials.
- Set out a backyard campground. Pitch a tent, light a campfire, and roast s’mores.
- Pack your car with your bikes, head to a local park / nature trail / downtown area, and go for a bike ride.
- Go to your local market and pick out a dinner together. Turn on the music, pour some cocktails, and prepare dinner together.
- Head to your local ice cream shop to grab a waffle cone full of your favorite ice cream.
- Find a local fair and have fun riding the coasters and eating carnival food.
- Go golfing by yourselves or meet up with friends for a double date.
- Attend a cooking class.
- Nosh on your favorite street food. Download the Roaming Hunger app to find food trucks in your area.
- Go on a photography walk around your town.
- Attend a baseball game. Hot dogs, beer, baseball? What’s not to love?
- Rent water equipment (e.g., stand up paddle board, canoe, kayak, etc.) and have some fun on the water.
- Go berry picking at your local you-pick farm.
- Enjoy a morning date by heading to your local cafe for coffee and a breakfast treat.
- Watch your favorite movie if the weather is overcast or rainy.
- Create a theme night. From the food to the movie to the cocktails, pick a theme for the night and stick to i
- Cheer on your favorite team. Instead of going to the big game, set out a bunch of appetizers, throw on your team’s gear, and cheer on your team together in the comfort of your home.
- Set out a blanket in your backyard, create an appetizer plate, and watch a sunset.
- Enjoy a game night. Invite a few other couples over or play a board game with just your significant other. Pick one of your favorite childhood games or try out a new game.
- Enjoy a Sunday drive to a nearby town.
- Attend a concert.
- Walk through your local town and window shop.
What are your favorite summer date ideas?