So, the other day when I was at the grocery store, I found myself in the bakery section. Lo and behold, my eyes landed on frosted brownies. You guys. They were brownies with frosting on them. They were staring me in the eye, begging me to put them in my cart. How could I say no to the cuties?
Into my cart they went. And, soon after arriving home, into my mouth they went. Not all of them. Just one of them … alright, maybe two of them. Don’t judge.
These brownies squares melted in my mouth. They were sinfully amazing. I knew I had to figure out something else to do with them besides inhale them one after another.
The other day I was thinking and that’s when I turned to my husband (who fought me over the brownies) and asked, “What if, instead of using chocolate squares in a s’more, we used brownie squares?”
Genius, if I do say so myself.
So, I had to go back to the store a few days later to purchase more brownies since we already inhaled the previous batch. Once again, don’t judge.
And now I present to you the …
Brownie S’mores Recipe
- 1 graham cracker (split in half)
- 1 brownie square (storebought) — But, if you want to make homemade brownies, then here’s a great recipe for Brownies with White Chocolate Chips and Chocolate Drizzle
- 1 marshmallow
- Prepare the graham cracker by splitting it in half.
- Place the brownie square on the bottom half of the graham cracker side.
- Roast the marshmallow either over your stovetop or over a fire.
- Remove the marshmallow from the stick and place on top of the brownie square.
- Cover the marshmallow with the other half of the graham cracker.
- Squeeze together the two graham cracker sides to gently smoosh the marshmallow.
What’s your favorite summer treat?