Times are a changing. Yes, I went from spending a night out on town dancing to music, spending time with friends, and trying to squeeze in as much fun as possible. And now? Well, now my husband and I try and squeeze as much fun as possible while keeping an eye on the baby monitor. And you know what? I love it. Why do I love it? Because my husband and I look at the nights that we do get to spend together as date nights, even if we have to spend them at home.
During the summer months, we love to hang out in our screened in porch and listen to music while sipping on our favorite cocktails. During the colder months, we light our fireplace, pour our favorite cocktails, and look forward to cooking a wholesome meal together.
To us, date night doesn’t have to be a big production to be meaningful. All we need is each other. Whether we’re cooking dinner together, enjoying our favorite cocktails, or listening to music, we find joy in simply hanging out together doing simple things at home.
10 Ways to Enjoy Date Night at Home
Here are 10 ways to enjoy a date night at home:
- Have dinner and watch a movie. Cook your favorite dinner together, rent a movie, and open up your favorite bottle of wine.
- Enjoy a game night. Invite a few other couples over or play a board game with just your significant other. Pick one of your favorite childhood games or try out a new game.
- Go grocery shopping and pick out your favorite ingredients. Then, turn on the music and prepare the meal together.
- Set out a blanket in your backyard, create an appetizer plate, and watch a sunset.
- Cheer on your favorite team. Instead of going to the big game, set out a bunch of appetizers, throw on your team’s gear, and cheer on your team together in the comfort of your home.
- Have a karoake night. That’s right, pick your favorite songs and sing your heart out. It’s a good stress reliever too!
- Create a theme night. From the food to the movie to the cocktails, pick a theme for the night and stick to it.
- Have a candlelit dinner. How often do you use your formal dining room? Put your room to use by setting out the china and candlesticks. Dim the lights, set out the plates, turn on the music, and enjoy a romantic dinner.
- Host a fondue night. Grab your favorite bread, cheese, meats, etc. Have fun experimenting, cooking, and tasting the flavors.
- Have a picnic in your living room. Set out a blanket and food. You can turn on your favorite movie or television show. Or, better yet, light a fire in your fireplace. Then, roast marshmallows and make s’mores for dessert.
What’s your favorite date night at home idea?
Photo via Unsplash.