Thursday, November 13, 2014
As you very well know, I'm obsessed with recipes that require only a few ingredients and steps. From soups to sandwiches, pancakes to waffles, cakes to cookies, I'm always in search of ways to simplify a recipe.
With busy work, home, and personal schedules, I'm a firm believer that people don't need to spend gobs of money at the grocery store on products that they will only use once and gobs of time on recipes that might not be favorable to everyone in the family. Recipes don't have to be complicated to taste good. It's that simple.
So, when I was in the mood for pizza for lunch one day, my mind started racing. With work deadlines looming, a baby who needed my attention, and laundry that needed to be done, I didn't have time to knead dough and allow it to rise. Don't get me wrong, I love kneading dough and watching it rise. There's something about the dough making process that can be a stress reliever and seem so soothing.
However, when a craving strikes and I have very little time to prepare the recipe, I tend to get creative. And that's when it dawned on me ... turn naan into pizza. I perused my kitchen for the few ingredients that I needed and within minutes I was indulging on pizza slices that hit the spot.
Trust me on this one. Naan is where it's at when it comes to pizza. You are going to love the ease and flavor of this recipe.
Naan Pesto Pizza
- 1 garlic naan (you can usually find this ingredient in the bread aisle)
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of pesto sauce
- 6 tomato slices
- 5-7 mushrooms
- Sprigs of fresh basil
- Chunks of fresh mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place the naan on a baking sheet.
- Spread the olive oil over the top of the garlic naan. Top the oil with the pesto sauce.
- Place the tomatoes, mushrooms, basil, and mozzarella over the pesto sauce.
- Place the baking sheet in the over for 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the naan is slightly browned.
What is your favorite pizza topping?