As an appetizer, I decided to throw some ingredients into a big pot, melt them together and serve with tortilla chips. The final result? A pretty darn tasty chili cheese dip that was incredibly easy to prepare!
To stay in line with the sporting event theme of this post: If you're hosting or attending a Super Bowl party, be sure that this dip makes it into the lineup of appetizers! I know I will be serving this dip and maybe even the Buffalo Chicken Dip as part of my appetizer spread for the big game!
Chili Cheese Dip
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cans (12 ounces each) chili without beans
- 2 cups salsa
- 1 package (8 ounce) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 small can of sliced ripe olives, drained
- Tortilla chips
- In a small skillet, saute the onion and garlic in the extra virgin olive oil until tender.
- In a separate pot, stir together the chili, salsa, cream cheese and olives. Add the onion and garlic. Cook over medium heat and stir until heated through.
- Pour into your serving dish and stir before serving with tortilla chips.
* Recipe and photo from Taste of Home