Getting up early, packing lunches, trying to get the kids to school on time, rushing off to work, getting stuck in traffic, finding yourself in meeting after meeting, feeling buried under emails, leaving the office, figuring out dinner, attending evening activities … all of us are pulled in a million different directions day in and day out. When it comes to marriage, it can be tricky trying to find quality time to spend with your spouse.
Seven years into our marriage, a new house, working endless hours, chasing after a toddler … my husband and I definitely have a lot on our plates. However, we always come back to us. It’s “us” who started all of this. It’s “us” who help each other. It’s “us” who support each other. If we don’t have “us,” then what do we have?
My husband and I are all about date nights. But, when I say “date nights” I might not mean what you think. To us, the perfect date night can be putting our son to bed, pouring a couple cocktails, turning on the music, and enjoying time on our porch. Or, it could mean sipping on our favorite cocktails while he mans the grill and I prepare the sides. To us, it’s all in the simple details. We don’t need a fancy date to feel connected. All we need is each other.
25 Simple Date Night Ideas
- Go to the grocery store, pick up your favorite ingredients, and cook dinner together.
- Take a trip to your local park and go for a walk.
- Enjoy a Sunday drive to a nearby town.
- Go apple picking.
- Stop by your local cider mill.
- Visit a farmers’ market.
- Go on a hike.
- Have a game night.
- Watch a no-drive drive-in movie night.
- Visit a local museum.
- Stop by a local winery or brewpub.
- Watch a sunset.
- Have a picnic.
- Dress up and go to a local restaurant.
- Attend a concert.
- Go on a bike ride.
- Stargaze while enjoying your favorite cocktails.
- Get sporty and try a new outdoor activity like kayaking, ice skating, etc.
- Get ice cream and experiment with flavors.
- Have an at-home tailgate and watch your favorite team.
- Bake cookies.
- Walk through your local town and window shop.
- Make pizzas at home.
- Dine al fresco.
- Indulge in a chocolate tasting.
What’s your favorite date night idea?
Photo by UnSplash.