The Big Game is just a day away! Are you hosting a party? If so, here are my favorite tips for cooking for a crowd. When it comes to watching the Big Game, I’m all about serving up game day recipes, most of which can be considered finger foods. Finger foods are great because you can set up the food buffet-style and have your guests graze and fill up their plates.
Meanwhile, you can have a bit pot of chili simmering on the stove or in a slow cooker. Place chili toppings next to the pot of chili so that guests can fix a bowl of chili when they want to fill up before or during the game. This hands-off approach to entertaining can free up your time so that you can enjoy your guests and the game.
40 Game Day Recipes for Football Games
For some great finger food and heartier options, here’s a list of some yummy recipes that are sure to please your guests before and during the football game.
Pancetta, Blue Cheese, and Pesto Crostini
Turkey Burgers with Turkey Bacon and Dill Mayo
Grilled Pierogies and Kielbasa with Mustard Vinaigrette
Grilled Kielbasa and Pesto Penne
Slow Cooker Apple and Maple Pulled Pork
Grilled Sausages with Onion and Red Pepper Relish
Game Day Recipes: Appetizers and Snacks
- Bacon, Cheddar Cheese and Scallion Gougeres — Cheese Puffs (via @cookincanuck)
- Bacon Wrapped Sweet and Sour Meatballs (via @PaniniKathy)
- Buffalo Chicken Dip (via @RichardPF)
- Chili Cheese Dip (via @HowToSimplify)
- Guacamole Appetizer Squares (via @HowToSimplify)
- Hidden Valley Ranch Sausage Stars (via @mommyskitchen)
- Hot Artichoke Dip (via @sugarcrafter)
- Kiwi Mango Salsa (via @HowSweetBlog)
- Sausage Cream Cheese Dip (via @Bonewoman — Recipe: Mix 1 lb ground browned turkey sausage, 1 can Rotel, 8 ounces cream cheese; melt in microwave and serve with tortilla chips)
- Spinach Artichoke Dip (via @HowToSimplify)
- Sticky and Sweet Chicken Wings with Soy, Honey and Ginger (via @cookincanuck)
- Surprise Layer Dip (via @alisonlublink)
- Sweet and Salty Snack Mixes (via @alisonlublink)
- Texas Jalapeno Poppers (via @mommyskitchen)
- Veggies with Dip (via @juliebavi — Recipe: Mix 8 ounces cream cheese, 1 cup mayonnaise, 1 package dry Italian dressing; serve with vegetables)
Game Day Recipes: Main Dishes and Sides
- 30 Minute Chili (via @HowToSimplify)
- Buffalo Chicken Panini (via @PaniniKathy)
- Buffalo Chicken Pizza (via @sugarcrafter)
- Le Boeuf a la Bourguignonne (via @SavorySimple)
- Personal Pizzas (via @thecitysisters)
- Pulled Pork Sliders (via @WhatsGabyCookin)
Game Day Recipes: Desserts
- Cocoa Krispies Football Treats (via @PaniniKathy) — shown in the picture above…so cute!
- Easy Brownie Squares (via @alisonlublink)
- Homemade Fudge and Peanut Butter Honey Fudge (via @alisonlublink)
- Incredibly Moist Brownies (via @HowToSimplify)
What’s your favorite football team?
Leave a Reply