As I reflect on 2009, I would like to thank all of my followers for making this past year unforgettable. I had a great time creating and sharing tips, tricks and recipes that simplify life in the kitchen, as well as meeting amazing foodie friends on other outlets such as Twitter and Facebook. For 2010, I have quite a bit of exciting ideas in store and I cannot wait to share them with you!
If you’re hosting or attending a New Year’s Eve party tonight, these Guacamole Appetizer Squares are easy to prepare and very delicious. As midnight quickly approaches, be sure to whip up this tasty appetizer, throw on your party clothes and pour yourself a glass of champagne. This dish is sure to be a big hit at the party!
Guacamole Appetizer Squares
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 1/2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 1 package (1 pound) sliced bacon, diced
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups guacamole
- 3 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 can (3.8 ounces) sliced ripe olives
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Unroll both tubes of crescent dough and pat into an ungreased 15x10x1 baking pan; seal seams and perforations. Build up edges. Prick dough with a fork; sprinkle with taco seasoning.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and guacamole until smooth.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over crust. Sprinkle with bacon, tomatoes and olives.
- Refrigerate until serving. Cut into squares.
I am looking forward to a new year full of exciting possibilities and amazing experiences. I hope 2010 is wonderful to you all and that this new year brings you peace, happiness, health and love!
Happy New Year…and I’ll see you next year!
* Recipe and photo from Taste of Home