I love summer not only because the weather is gorgeous but because it gives my family a chance to bond while enjoying family-friendly summer activities. At least once a day, I love to get out of the house and go on an adventure with our son. Whether we take a walk around the neighborhood, visit one of the local parks, or pick out our favorite ice cream flavor at our favorite ice cream shop, getting out of the house to enjoy an adventure together always ends up in good memories.
You don’t have to be extravagant to have a good time. You don’t need to spend gobs of money to have a good time. You don’t need to complicate things to have a good time. To me, summer activities are all about simplicity while enjoying each other’s company.
Yes, you can plan a great family summer vacation. But, what about the everyday adventures? How will you go on an adventure today, this weekend, next week? Turn the everyday into extraordinary but taking your family on a simple adventure.
25 Family-Friendly Summer Activities
If you’re looking for something fun to do this summer, then try a few of these family-friendly summer activities:
- Visit a nature center.
- Visit the beach and start a shell collection.
- Go to a farmer’s market.
- Check out local ice cream shops and find your family’s favorite in order to make it a tradition.
- Pack a picnic and head to a local park.
- Find a splash park and have fun splish splashing around with your family.
- Go to the zoo and discover a new favorite animal.
- Visit your local aquarium.
- Go to the beach / community pool/ lake. Check out some of these super cute swimsuit coverups and these 15 beach essentials.
- Have backyard water fun. Click here for ideas.
- Go on a nature walk.
- Find a You-Pick berry farm.
- Have a backyard campfire, roast s’mores, and stargaze.
- Host a neighborhood party. Here are some of my favorite outdoor entertaining essentials.
- Go to a baseball game.
- Play mini golf.
- Go to your town’s carnival.
- Go for a bike ride around your neighborhood or at a local park.
- Hit some balls at the batting cage.
- Race go-karts.
- Attend an outdoor concert or family-friendly festival.
- Visit a neighboring town.
- Have an outdoor movie night either at a drive-in movie theater or in your backyard.
- Go horseback riding.
- Bake treats and deliver them to the people in your town (e.g., firefighters, police officers, etc.).
What’s your favorite family-friendly activity?