My husband and I are all about outdoor entertaining. We love spending as much time as we can outdoors whether we are entertaining guests or just ourselves.
When it comes to having guests over, we usually start the evening enjoying conversation, cocktails, and charcuterie out on our screened-in porch. With the fan above us, we’re able to stay nice and cool thanks to the gentle breeze.
When we first moved into the house, one of our first purchases was couch-like seating. The dark brown wicker with the white cushions gave the porch a light, airy, and sophisticated look. By adding a few ferns throughout the screened-in porch, we were able to get the look we wanted.
Once appetizers are enjoyed, dinner is usually served and enjoyed either inside the home or out on the porch.
We try to make the most of summer nights by being in the great outdoors. However, due to the warm summer months, there are some essentials that we love to have on hand to make ourselves and guests feel comfortable.
8 Essentials for Outdoor Entertaining
- Insulated Drinkware – Sitting outside in the warm weather can make your ice cube melt quickly. Grab an insulated glass to help keep your beverage refreshing on a warm summer day.
- Patio Furniture – The more comfortable the better when it comes to patio furniture. You’ll want something with either a little bit of give in the fabric or a cushion.
- Galvanized Tray – Carrying items from inside the house to the patio can be tricky. Using a tray not only makes transitioning from inside to outside easier, but a nice galvanized tray will enhance the vibe of your setup.
- Patio Umbrella – Nobody wants to be baking in the sun for hours on end during a dinner party. Be sure you offer guests shade with a patio umbrella.
- Serving Dish with Dome – Bugs, you guys. There are bugs everywhere. Be sure to serve your food in dishes that have domes or covers to avoid ant and bug invasions.
- Water Pitcher – It’s important to stay hydrated during a warm summer day. Either fill a water pitcher or make sure you have a cooler nearby with icy cold beverages.
- Clear Globe String Lights – String lights add the perfect ambiance to an outdoor party setting. They add just the right amount of light.
- Cheese Board – You don’t need to use cheese boards for just cheese. You can use them to display utensils, flowers, etc. Think creatively, especially if you have a beautiful cheese board.
What’s your favorite essential for outdoor entertaining?