I gave it some thought and decided that meatloaf would be the perfect main dish for the leftover mashed potatoes from Sunday. On Monday, my husband and I ran to the store and picked up all of the ingredients. Because this was my first time making meatloaf, I was extremely nervous since my husband can be picky at times.
When it came out of the oven, both of our mouths were watering. It smelled and looked delicious. After the first few bites, my husband looked at me and said, “This is the best meatloaf I have ever had in my entire life. It’s so good I don’t even need ketchup!” And trust me, he loves ketchup with meatloaf.
We loved it and I’m sure you and your family will love it too. It’s super easy to make and you’ll even had enough for leftovers!
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 egg
- 1 dash ground black pepper
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup A-1 Steak Sauce
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease an 8.5×4.5 inch loaf pan.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients above.
- Place the mixture into the prepared loaf pan and shape into a loaf. Brush the top with a tiny bit more steak sauce.
- Bake uncovered in the preheated oven for 1 hour or until done. Allow to stand for 5 minutes before slicing.