Even though it’s spring, for some (like my parents who sent me snowy photos from Michigan during this past weekend) spring can seem like it’s a littler far away. For those of us who live further south, the colder temps seem to be making their way out the door which is exciting.
We love spending time outside, especially since our two-year-old son is very into sports. This morning, I spent hours playing with our dogs and son as my husband put in some manly hours on the yard.
Baseball has started, flowers are growing, lawns are being mowed … we cannot wait to welcome the warmer temps that spring offers. But, why does spring have to remain outside? Why can’t we bring spring inside? Good news! We can!
With just a few simple steps, you can add touches of spring throughout your home to refresh your space, give it a light and airy feeling, and welcome spring with open arms.
15 Simple Ways to Add Spring to a Home
Here are 15 simple ways to add spring to a home:
- Place a vase full of fresh flowers on your kitchen counter. Here are tips on how to make a beautiful flower arrangement.
- Change your throw pillows to a brighter and more airy color scheme.
- Light a soy candle that has a fresh, spring scent.
- Change your bedding to brighter colors and lighter textures.
- Change your tablecloth or place mats to colors and textures that remind you of spring. Here are some of my favorite place mats.
- Replace heavy curtains with light, opaque fabrics.
- Place plants throughout your home to add a bit of freshness and greenery. Here are six houseplants for any green thumb.
- Replace your throw blankets with lighter colors and textures.
- Take down your fall/winter type wreaths and replace with lighter wreaths that are more springlike.
- Paint a room … a gallon of paint can go a long way and make a big difference.
- Change out your photos and/or your photo frames. Here are ideas for photo gallery walls.
- Place herb containers in your kitchen.
- Create a chalkboard and write a spring quote on it.
- Change area rugs to brighter colors and lighter textures.
- Clean your home. Yes, I said it. Spring isn’t spring without a little spring cleaning, right? Here are 20 spring cleaning checklist items.
How do you add spring into your home?