I am a huge fan of Halloween. There’s just something about this holiday that screams fun, excitement and good times. Please excuse me as I count the reasons why I love Halloween:
- Pumpkins. Whether they’re big or small, there’s just something about pumpkins that always puts a smile on my face.
- Who’s counting calories? Certainly not me (as I stuff my face with candy).
- Pumpkin-flavored treats are out in full force. Enough said.
- Passing out candy to the neighborhood kids is probably one of my favorite pasttimes. The kids in their costumes crack me up year after year…especially when they scream, “Trick or treat, smell my feet!”
- My dogs prancing around in Halloween costumes. This year Caster is the Joker while Tugboat is Batman. Classic. I hope they don’t hate me too much after this weekend.
- Myself prancing around in my Halloween costume. That’s right. I dress up and I’m not embarrassed to admit it. This year I’m going for the cowgirl look…ripped jeans, flannel shirt, cowboy hat, bandana…the works. I cannot wait.
- Halloween movies are playing nonstop…even though I hate scary movies.
- Witches, goblins, ghosts, spiders, cobwebs…Halloween decor is the best, am I right or am I right?
- Halloween cocktails. My mouth is watering just thinking about them. Don’t judge.
- Halloween parties are amazing. Gathering together a bunch of adults in Halloween costumes all while wining and dining on “eyeballs,” “worms,” and dirt cake…I mean seriously. Amazing and hilarious.
…oh who am I kidding? This list can go on and on and I don’t want to bore you to tears.
On second thought…I have to add one more into the mix. As I clearly stated above, I love everything about Halloween. The food-obsessed person that I am cannot get enough of Halloween-themed dishes and drinks. That’s right, everything from candy corn to witches finger sandwiches, people are so creative when it comes to Halloween-themed food and I just had to share some of my favorites from fellow food bloggers.
- Candy Corn from Sugarcrafter
- Candy Corn Kiss Cookies from Sugarcrafter
- Doughnut Muffins from How To: Simplify
- Edible Eyeballs from Picture Me Cooking
- Fudgy Graveyard Brownies from Picky Palate
- Freaky Finger Cookies from How To: Simplify
- Halloween Caramel Popcorn from Ingredients, Inc.
- Halloween Refrigerator Donuts with Maple Glaze or Cinnamon Sugar from Cookin’ Canuck
- Halloween-y Oreo Truffles from Three Many Cooks
- Homemade Caramel Apples from Brown Eyed Baker
- Krispy Peanut Butter Truffles from My Kitchen Addiction
- Marshmallow Treats from Picture Me Cooking
- Monster Munch from My Kitchen Addiction
- Mummy Munch from Picky Palate
- Rock Candy Jello Shooters with Midori Melon Sour from Bakers Royale
- Shortbread Candy Corn Kisses Brownies from Picky Palate
- Spooky Sandwich Cookies with Pumpkin Buttercream Frosting from Sugarcrafter
- Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting from How To: Simplify
- Pumpkin Cake Roll from Kitchen Monki
- Pumpkin Caramel Mousse Cake from Bakers Royale
- Pumpkin Creme Brulee from Add a Pinch
- Pumpkin Empanadas from Bluebonnets & Brownies
- Pumpkin Fudge from Kitchen Monki
- Pumpkin Granola from Two Peas and Their Pod
- Pumpkin Nutella Bread from Two Peas and Their Pod
- Pumpkin Puree from He Cooks…She Cooks…
- Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes from My Kitchen Addiction
- Pumpkin Spice Muffins from How To: Simplify
- Pumpkin Streusel Bars from How To: Simplify
- Pumpkin Streusel Cheesecake Bars from Kitchen Monki
- Black Bean and Sweet Potato Soup from Two Peas and Their Pod
- Butternut Squash Soup from Brown Eyed Baker
- Mummy Hot Dogs from How To: Simplify
- Pumpkin Pancakes from How To: Simplify
- Roasted Pumpkin Seeds: Two Ways from Cookin’ Canuck
- Three Bean Beam and Sweet Potato Chili from Doughmesstic
- Turkey Eyeball Spiderweb Pizza from Ingredients, Inc.
- Witches Finger Sandwiches from How To: Simplify
What do you love most about Halloween? Also, if you would like to add a recipe to the list, feel free to leave it in the comment section and I’ll add them as I receive them! Thank you!