Attending or hosting a holiday party this weekend? Need a last-minute idea for a holiday party appetizer? You’re in luck!
One of my all-time favorite appetizers to have at a holiday party is Pillsbury’s Crescent Holiday Tree. This appetizer is quick and easy to prepare without sacrificing taste. It’s festive, fun and tasty…what’s not to love about it? Word of advice: You might want to make two trees because I know your guests will love eating this delicious holiday appetizer.
Crescent Holiday Tree
- 1 can (8-ounce) Pillsbury refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 container (8-ounces) chives-and-onion cream cream cheese spread
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 3/4 medium red bell pepper
- 1/4 medium yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 2 tablespoons sliced ready-to-eat baby-cut carrots
- 1 tablespoon chopped cucumber
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Remove dough from can in 1 long roll; do not unroll or separate. Cut roll into 16 slices.
- On ungreased cookie sheet, place slices cut side down to form tree. Start by placing 1 slice for top; arrange 2 slices just below, with sides touching. Continue arranging a row of 3 slices, then a row of 4 slices, ending with a row of 5 slices. Use remaining slice for tree trunk.
- Bake 11 to 13 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 1 minute; carefully loosen from cookie sheet with spatula and slide onto cooling rack. Cool completely; about 15 minutes. Place tree on serving platter or tray.
- In small bowl, mix cream cheese spread and milk until smooth. Spread mixture over baked tree.
- Cut strips from red bell pepper for garland; chop any remaining red pepper. With small star-shaped canape cutter, cut star from yellow bell pepper; chop remaining yellow pepper. Decorate tree with bell peppers, broccoli, carrots and cucumber.
- Serve immediately, or cover loosely and refrigerate up to 24 hours before serving.
What’s your favorite, go-to holiday appetizer?
* Recipe and photo from Pillsbury
Leave a Reply