Over the past week, I've included a handful of sweets and snacks to include on your dessert table...
- Old-Fashioned Soft Pumpkin Cookies
- Worm Dirt Cake
- Pumpkin Cupcakes with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting
- Freaky Finger Cookies
- Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
Mummy Hot Dogs
- 1 can (8 ounces) Pillsbury refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 2 1/2 slices American cheese, quartered
- 10 large hot dogs
- Cooking Spray
- Mustard or ketchup, if desired
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Unroll dough; separate perforations, creating 4 rectangles. Press perforations to seal.
- With knife or kitchen scissors, cut each rectangle lengh-wise into 10 pieces, making a total of 40 pieces of dough. Slice cheese slices into quarters (1/2 cheese, cut in half).
- Wrap 4 pieces of dough around each hot dog and 1/4 slice of cheese to look like "bandages," stretching dough slightly to completely cover hot dog. About 1/2 inch from one end of each hot dog, separate "bandages" so hot dog shows through for "face."
- On ungreased cookie sheet, place wrapped hot dogs (cheese side down); spray dough lightly with cooking spray.
- Bake 13 to 17 minutes or until dough is light golden brown and hot dogs are hot.
- With mustard, draw features on the "face."
- 1 can (11 ounces) Pillsbury Refrigerated Bread sticks
- 6 small slices pepperoni
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Separate dough into 12 strips. Place flat on ungreased cookie sheet: do not twist. With sharp knife or kitchen scissors, cut 2 small triangles form one end of each dough strip to form a point that resembles a fingertip. Lightly score bread sticks in center to resemble knuckles.
- Cut each pepperoni slice into 2 pointed ovals to resemble 2 fingernails. Place 1 pepperoni piece on each bread stick.
- Bake for 13 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Split each bread stick. Add your favorite sandwich fixings (meats, cheeses, veggies, dips, etc.) to the bread sticks.
- Serve warm or cold.
I hope you and your friends and family enjoy Halloween. And if you're having a party, I wish you much success!