Little ghosts are all about
Bats and witches flying out
Don’t be scared, there’s no doubt
Tonight is Halloween
– Author Unknown –
Spooky Graveyard Halloween Cupcakes
- 5 ounces milk chocolate chips
- 24 Oreo Cookies
- White frosting gel
- White cake mix
- 1 container creamy white frosting
- Candy pumpkins
- Green frosting
- Melt the chocolate chips. Fill a freezer bag with the melted chocolate and cut off one of the corners. Take a baking sheet and flip it upside down. Place a sheet of parchment paper over the baking sheet. Pipe 24 small leafless trees, each 3 to 4 inches tall (make them thick so that they don’t break when hardened). Chill in the refrigerator until chocolate hardens.
- Separate the Oreo Cookies so that you have 24 chocolate disks without cream filling on them. Snip the sides of the 24 disks on a diagonal with a pair of scissors so that the sides are flat and not rounded. Take the white gel and pipe “RIP” on the disks. Place the disks in the refrigerator to chill.
- Prepare the cupcake batter according to the directions on the box. Crush the 24 leftover disks (the sides with the cream filling) in a freezer bag. Add the crushed cookies to the cupcake batter. Prepare a muffin tin with liners, fill the liners with the batter (3/4 full), and bake according to the directions on the box.
- Remove the cupcakes from the oven and allow them to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Frost the tops of the cupcakes with the white frosting. Cut a slit at the back of each cupcake and insert the tombstone. Use a toothpick to poke a hole next to the tombstone and insert the tree. Place the candy pumpkin next to the tombstone. Pipe green frosting around the pumpkin and tombstone to make it look like grass. Sprinkle leftover crushed cookies around the tombstone, tree, and pumpkin.
How are you celebrating Halloween today?