The first day of summer is June 20. Can you believe that it’s only a few days away? Wow, does time fly or what? How have you started to get your home ready for summer?
We’ve been getting our home ready for the warmer months by fixing up the garden beds, preparing the lawn, and brightening up the home.
With just a few simple steps, you can add touches of summer throughout your home to refresh your space, give it a light and airy feeling, and welcome summer with open arms.
15 Simple Ways to Get Your Home Ready for Summer
Here are 15 simple ways to add summer to a home:
- Place a vase full of fresh flowers on your kitchen counter. Here are tips on how to make a beautiful flower arrangement.
- Change your throw pillows to a brighter and more airy color scheme.
- Light a soy candle that has a fresh, summer scent.
- Change your bedding to brighter colors and lighter textures.
- Change your tablecloth or place mats to colors and textures that remind you of spring. Here are some of my favorite place mats.
- Replace heavy curtains with light, opaque fabrics.
- Place plants throughout your home to add a bit of freshness and greenery. Here are six houseplants for any green thumb.
- Take down your heavy wreaths and replace with lighter wreaths that are more suited for summer.
- Paint a room … a gallon of paint can go a long way and make a big difference.
- Change out your photos and/or your photo frames. Here are ideas for photo gallery walls.
- Place herb containers in your kitchen.
- Create a chalkboard and write a summer quote on it.
- Change area rugs to brighter colors and lighter textures.
- Clean your home. Yes, I said it. If you have’t done any spring cleaning yet, it’s time to start. Here are 20 simple cleaning checklist items.
- Add seasonal fruits and/or vegetables to centerpieces. Or, place in a cute colander on your kitchen counters.
How do you get your home ready for summer?