Disclaimer: This post was sponsored by Tabasco. However, all thoughts and opinions were my own.
Have you ever found yourself stuck in the kitchen, not knowing what to cook? Do you ever get frustrated with the question, “What’s for dinner?” Are you tired of thinking of new recipes to cook night after night?
Yes, there are those recipes that are go to recipes but sometimes those recipes have a tendency to get a little old. Even though they are tried and true, it’s always nice to change up your weekly routine with fresh, exciting recipes that will keep your family full, happy, and satisfied.
There are definitely those weeks where I find myself stuck in a rut. When talking with my husband about dinner options, we have those days where we always fall back on the same old recipes. It’s nice to have go to recipes in your back pocket ready to pull out at a moment’s notice. But what about those recipes that you’ve been meaning to try for days, weeks, and/or years?
When it comes to experimenting with recipes, I love walking into my kitchen and perusing the panty and refrigerator to see what I can make with the ingredients that I have on hand. Take for example the Spicy Tomato Soup that I made the other day. I was craving soup and knew that I had San Marzano tomatoes begging to be used. Within minutes, I had a hearty soup that my husband claimed “was the best tomato soup I’ve ever had.” When I was craving a savory snack while watching football over the weekend, I took out a can of chickpeas from my pantry and made Spicy Oven-Roasted Chickpeas that my husband and I devoured within minutes.
The moral of the story? With just a few staple ingredients in your kitchen, you have the ability to create recipes that your family will enjoy. That’s why I have loved this TABASCO 10 Ingredient Challenge. With just 10 basic ingredients, I was able to create five recipes that have now become my go to recipes. Even though the recipes only require a couple of ingredients, the dishes are full of flavor and only take minutes to prepare. What’s not to love?
So, the next time you find yourself in a bind and don’t know what to cook, start taking inventory on what you have on hand. I bet you’ll be able to come up with a delicious dish that your family will love.
Spicy Coucous and Black Bean Stuffed Tomatoes
- 4 large tomatoes that have flat bottoms
- 1/2 cup uncooked pearled couscous
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 10-15 shakes of TABASCO Original Red Sauce
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet by placing a sheet of aluminum foil over the sheet.
- Cut the tops off of the tomatoes and hollow out the centers. Place the tomatoes on the baking sheet and bake 5-10 minutes, or until the tomato skin becomes blistered and slightly browned. Remove from the oven.
- Prepare the couscous according to the package directions. Add the black beans and TABASCO. Season with salt and pepper to taste).
- Pour a 1/2 tablespoon of Parmesan cheese on the inside of each tomato. Stuff the tomatoes with the couscous mixture. Top the mixture with the remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Bake the tomatoes for 5-10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and browned.
What’s your favorite vegetarian dish?
Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar says
I love this idea for dinner! So simple!