Like others, my best memories from childhood are related to lunch and family time. I remember coming home from school, and the happiness I felt the second I’d go through the door to the delicious smell of Parmesan Panko Chicken Tenders.
Immediately, I knew I was hungry and I would wash my hands and set up the table. When lunch was finally ready, we would drink our favorite beverage (I drank juice while my parents drank wine) and we slowly enjoyed every bite.
Since then, I learned to appreciate food and I became passionate in trying to make those meals again. That’s why I’m sharing this recipe with you guys, as I thought you could enjoy it as a lunch idea with your own family.
And what better way to enjoy a family meal than to eat food that everyone loves? Parmesan Panko Chicken Tenders is a great dish, whether you are in a rush or you just want to give your kids something they will remember. But make sure you have the right set of bowls and skillets, or pans, for this recipe.
I’m sure that like me, your kids will love a wonderful combination of crunchy coating and Parmesan, that for a change is actually healthy. With garlic, salt, pepper and sunflower oil, it isn’t surprising why this meal is so delicious.
Now, let’s learn how to make your new favorite dish.
Parmesan Panko Chicken Tenders
Number of Servings: 5 / Prep Time: 15 min / Cooking time: 20-30 min
- 2 pounds chicken breast tenders, or around 15 tenders
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 large egg
- 5 ounces fresh Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 cup panko
- 1 Tablespoon parsley (finely chopped)
- Begin by spreading garlic on you chicken breasts, as well as salt, and pepper. On another bowl, beat the egg. Combine the panko and cheese on another bowl or deep plate.
- Dip the chicken on your egg and immediately put in the panko and cheese mixture.
- Heat a pan, or a skillet over medium heat. Once warm, sprinkle the sunflower oil, when it’s warm, add half of your chicken. Leave it frying for about 4 minutes on each side.
- Repeat step 3 with the other half of the chicken.
- Add the chopped parsley to your dish and serve!
I recommend serving this dish warm, as you want to enjoy the cheese melting in your mouth. After this yummy lunch, you can serve a healthy, but equally tasty, dessert for your family. Try something like banana bread muffins and finish off your lunch on a good note.
Now that you’ve gone through this step-by-step recipe, it’s time to try it out. Remember that you don’t need to cook an elaborate dish to make your kids happy; this recipe will be ready in under an hour and will leave everyone feeling happy.
Try accompanying this recipe with some grilled veggies, or some oven roasted potatoes. If you enjoyed this recipe, feel free to share it with your friends and let me know if you have any suggestions or comments.
Author Bio: Chidinma is the founder of Fruitful Kitchen, a blog that shares delicious recipes and lifestyle tips. Most of her recipes help women with fertility issues, especially fibroids, PCOS, and Endometriosis. Sometimes, however, you will find other interesting recipes, as well as cooking tips and tricks there.