Hearts, flowers, chocolates, strawberries — love is in the air and for someone who doesn’t love the color pink, it’s hard to escape the bright colors of February (aka the month of love). How do you celebrate Valentine’s Day? As for me, if you don’t know by now, my husband and I aren’t that big on Valentine’s Day. Romantic dinners? Never. Flowers? Nada. Chocolates? No thanks. Teddy bears? Cute but I’ll pass.
- 1 box of vanilla cake mix (along with the additional ingredients listed on the box – e.g. oil, eggs, water, etc.)
- 1/2 cup of milk chocolate chips
- 1 package of strawberries, washed and hulled
- 1 container of classic frosting
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a cupcake pan with liners.
- Prepare the cake mix according to the directions on the box.
- Reserve a few strawberries for garnish. Chop the rest of the strawberries and fold them and the chocolate chips into the cake batter.
- Drop the cake batter into the liners until they’re 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove the cupcakes from the oven, allow them to sit in the pan for 2 minutes, and then transfer them to a wire rack. Let them cool completely before frosting.
- Frost the cupcakes.
- Slice the reserved strawberries in half and garnish the top of each frosted cupcake with a halved strawberry.
What is your favorite way to spend Valentine’s Day?