Coffee Chocolate Cupcakes
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup strong brewed coffee, cooled
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Chocolate frosting
- Allow the butter and eggs to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Grease and flour muffin cups, or line with paper bake cups. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Combine milk and coffee in a 2-cup measuring glass.
- Beat the butter with an electric mixer for 30 seconds and then gradually add sugar and continue to mix. Add eggs, one at a time, and beat well after each addition. Mix in the vanilla.
- Alternate between the flour and milk mixture and add these two mixtures to the butter mixture. Beat well between each addition.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups, filling each 3/4 full.
- Bake approximately 18 minutes or until the tops of the cupcakes spring back.
- Cool cupcakes in muffin tin on wire rack for 5 minutes and then remove from the muffin tin and cool completely.
- Top the cupcakes with frosting.
What is your favorite treat to have on your birthday?
*Recipe slightly adapted from Better Homes and Gardens Cupcake Magazine