Pasta SaladTuesday, May 25, 2010
What does summer mean to me?
Summer is long, lazy nights spent on my deck with family and friends enjoying delicious food, wonderful wine and good music.
It's spending the entire day out on the lake with great-tasting cocktails and amazing company.
It's enjoying the beauty of our surroundings with my husband whether we are hiking with our dogs or traveling from one winery to another wine tasting.
These are some of my favorite things about summer.
With picnics and barbecues becoming more imminent as summer approaches, pasta salads are at the top of the list of items to serve during the warmer months. This refreshing pasta salad screams summertime with its raw vegetables and light dressing. It is perfect to serve as a light summer dinner or lunch, or serve it as a side dish by pairing it with grilled meats.
- 1 box Tri-Color Rotini
- 1 can sliced black olives, drained
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup diced Mozzarella chunks
- 1/2 cup sliced grape tomatoes
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup of peeled and quartered cucumber
- 1/2 cup Italian dressing
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook Rotini according to directions on package; drain and rinse with cold water. Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients into serving bowl and toss until the pasta is coated with the dressing and the other ingredients are mixed thoroughly.
- Place in refrigerator and cover, allowing the flavors to blend until ready to serve.