With the warmer months that are upon quite a few of us already, I'm sure many of you are on the lookout for light, fresh and healthy dishes that won't weigh you down during the hot temperatures.
Bell Pepper Salad, or Tri-Color Bell Pepper Salad, is one of my favorite salads to serve during the warmer months. The colors are absolutely beautiful and the flavors explode in your mouth. With only a few ingredients, you can create this salad that is sure to impress family and friends when you serve this either as an appetizer or a side.
One of the best ways to serve this salad is to drizzle it over grilled meats, including chicken and fish. Plus, it's light and perfect to serve during the summer months that are right around the corner.
Bell Pepper Salad
- 3 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon minced Italian Parsley
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine lemon juice, parsley, sugar, garlic and extra virgin olive oil in a bowl and whisk to blend thoroughly.
- Place peppers in a separate bowl and pour dressing over peppers and toss to coat.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and chill for an hour or more to allow flavors to blend.
This salad only requires a few ingredients, can keep for up to a day and is jam-packed with flavor...what's not to love about it?