Tomato, Basil, Mozzarella Salad, otherwise known as Insalata Caprese, is one of the simplest and most delicious of salads. There is no cooking involved when it comes to preparing this beautiful, fresh and healthy dish and the best part is that it's ready in minutes.
This salad is filled with fresh ingredients and it is incredibly light. It's perfect to serve during the warm summer months that just so happen to be right around the corner.
Ingredients (for one salad):
- 2 slices of a large ripe tomato cut into 1/4 inch thick slices
- 2 slices of fresh Mozzarella cut into 1/4 inch thick slices
- 4 fresh basil leaves
- Kosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinaigrette or extra virgin olive oil
- Stack the tomato, fresh Mozzarella and fresh basil in the following order: tomato slice, Mozzarella slice, two basil leaves, tomato slice, Mozzarella slice and two fresh basil leaves.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle with balsamic vinaigrette or extra virgin olive oil and serve immediately.