One of my favorite snacks, tomatoes are both tasty and so good for you. Fresh tomato slices sprinkled with a little bit of salt and pepper is definitely a tasty treat…but when I add fresh basil and Mozzarella? Well, that’s a totally different story.
Tomato, Basil, Mozzarella Salad, otherwise known as Insalata Caprese, is one of the simplest and most delicious of salads. There is no cooking involved when it comes to preparing this beautiful, fresh and healthy dish and the best part is that it’s ready in minutes.
This salad is filled with fresh ingredients and it is incredibly light. It’s perfect to serve during the warm summer months that just so happen to be right around the corner.
Ingredients (for one salad):
- 2 slices of a large ripe tomato cut into 1/4 inch thick slices
- 2 slices of fresh Mozzarella cut into 1/4 inch thick slices
- 4 fresh basil leaves
- Kosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinaigrette or extra virgin olive oil
- Stack the tomato, fresh Mozzarella and fresh basil in the following order: tomato slice, Mozzarella slice, two basil leaves, tomato slice, Mozzarella slice and two fresh basil leaves.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle with balsamic vinaigrette or extra virgin olive oil and serve immediately.
This looks soooo good Jen!
My favorite salad! Simple but divine!
So fresh and colorful!!
We need to meet, SOON! I think we share a brain. I mean, not like we share memory space, but, we are on the same wave length, ALWAYS! Yesterday I decided I should name my first daughter Caprese, because it is my favorite salads. And now this post…Love it!
Appetite for Conversation says
I definitely agree! This is one of my go-to salads in summer when it's too hot to cook. Not to mention, it's SO beautiful!
Cookin' Canuck says
This is one of my favorite summer salads and it's always particularly good when my garden tomatoes are at their sweetest.
Que mejor que una deliciosa insalata bien italiana, es una sana comida para disfrutar en familia!
Thanks for an amazing recipe, love your blog
Low Fat Salad Recipes