We have quite a few people staying at our house Saturday night. In addition to the BBQ foods and other snacks I’ll be preparing, I’m going to try out this recipe to set out for breakfast on Sunday morning.
Cafe-style Blueberry Muffins
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners.
- Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 3/4 cup sugar, salt and baking powder. Place vegetable oil into a 1 cup measuring cup; add egg and enough milk to fill the cup. Mix this with the flour mixture. Fold in blueberries. Fill muffin cups right to the top and sprinkle with crumb topping mixture.
- To make the crumb topping: mix together 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, 1/4 cup butter and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon. Mix with fork and sprinkle over muffins before baking.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until done.
Hopefully these will be a big hit…I’ll keep you updated!