I came across a great recipe for Cream Cheese Walnut Cookies. Having never eaten these cookies before, I knew I had to give it a try…and voila! These cookies were absolutely delicious!
Cream Cheese Walnut Cookies
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter softened
- 1 3-ounce package of cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, with mixer at low speed, beat sugar with margarine or butter and cream cheese until blended; add vanilla. Increase speed to high, beat until creamy, about 2 minutes, and occasionally scrape the bowl with a rubber spatula.
- With spoon, stir in flour and walnuts just until blended.
- With lightly floured hands, roll dough into 1-inch balls.
- Place balls, 2 inches apart, on ungreased large cookie sheet.
- With floured fingertips, flatten balls out 1-1/4 inch rounds.
- Bake cookies 14-18 minutes, until golden.
- Let cookies remain on cookie sheet on wire rack 2 minutes to cool slightly.
- Transfer cookies to wire rack to cool completely.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
- Store cookies in a tightly covered container up to 2 weeks.
While making this recipe, I found that the dough was very wet and hard to roll into balls. The best way to handle the dough might be to refrigerate it for a few hours prior to rolling and baking.
I’m sure you will love these tasty treats…I know I did!