When it comes to wedding registries, I can remember adding so many odds and ends that I thought I couldn’t live without. Being obsessed with kitchen gadgets and tools had me a little “click happy” as I compiled our registry. After our wedding, I was equipped with all sorts of fun toys that made cooking simplified … and complicated. Yes, I began to notice that having so many tools and gadgets (yes, our friends and family spoiled us) had me scratching my head at times.
Over the years, I’ve grown more and more comfortable in the kitchen as I develop my own recipes, habits, and routines. Yes, it’s nice to have lots of kitchen tools but it’s even better to always have my favorite must have kitchen tools on hand at all times. Today, I’m sharing my 10 favorite must have kitchen tools.
10 Must Have Kitchen Tools
- Assortment of cutting boards – Always be sure to have one for meat and one for vegetable so that you can avoid cross-contamination.
- Assortment of serving bowls – One can never have enough serving bowls and platters. I stick with white since it’s easy to add to the collection and keep everything matchy matchy.
- 8 place settings – It’s great to have at least 8 place settings on hand so that you have enough plates and bowls for everyday use. Plus, you’ll have enough for a dinner party.
- Cake stand – I love putting cookies, muffins, breakfast bread, bagels, etc. in a cake stand on the counter. It’s so inviting to family and friends.
- Wooden spoon – Having a wooden spoon in your kitchen is classic and perfect for soups, stews, etc.
- Salt and pepper shakers – I love the mason jar salt and pepper shakers.
- Good, sturdy silverware – Nothing too flimsy, nothing to heavy, something just right … that’s what silverware is all about.
- Dutch oven – To have a cast iron dutch oven in your kitchen is nothing short of amazing.
- Stainless steel pots and pans – I like to stick with pots and pans that aren’t non-stick. They seems to last longer and I’ve read that they are healthier for you. If you prefer non-stick, that’s totally up to you … just make sure you pick a great brand.
- Good knives – Having dull, unreliable knives in your kitchen can be dangerous.
What are your must have kitchen tools?
Leave a Reply