- 1 pound dry ziti pasta
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 (26 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce
- 6 ounces Provolone cheese, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 6 ounces Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add ziti pasta and cook until al dente, about 8 minutes; drain.
- In a large skillet, brown onion and ground beef over medium heat. Add spaghetti sauce and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Preheat over to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a 9/13 inch baking dish. Layer as follows: 1/2 of the ziti, Provolone cheese, sour cream, 1/2 sauce mixture, remaining ziti, Mozzarella cheese and remaining sauce mixture. Top with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated over, or until cheeses are melted.
- If you don’t have time, use a garden vegetable spaghetti sauce because it enhances the taste of the ziti, plus it includes vegetables. For those that like to make everything from scratch (like me), saute some vegetables and add it to the mix.
Mmmm…my mouth is watering. I might have to make that for dinner some time this week!