Chicken Breasts Stuffed with Cheese, Tomato and AsparagusWednesday, July 08, 2009
This might look a little difficult but don't worry...it's super easy. All you have to do is take a chicken breast and cut a pocket in the side. Next, stuff it with some of your favorite cheeses and veggies and close it up with a few toothpicks. It's that simple.
Here's is one of my favorite stuffed chicken recipes...
Chicken Breasts Stuffed with Cheese, Tomato and Asparagus
- 4 (14 ounce) bone-in chicken breast halves
- 12 stalks of asparagus
- 1/3 cup drained oil-packed sun-dried tomato halves
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil; set aside. With a paring knife, cut a 1-inch-long slit in thick side of each breast. Insert knife, and without enlarging opening, carefully work around inside to form a pocket (make sure you do not go through the other side).
- Evenly stuff asparagus, sun-dried tomato halves, garlic, salt, pepper and cream cheese (spread) in the chicken breast pockets.
- Close pockets, using 2 to 3 toothpicks per breast; arrange, skin side up, on baking sheet. Rub with olive oil, and season generously with salt and pepper. Roast until well browned and an instant-read thermometer inserted in thickest part of breast (avoiding bone) reads 165 degrees, 30 to 35 minutes. Let chicken rest 5 minutes; remove toothpicks before serving.