It’s always a sad day when the Christmas decor is packed away until the next holiday season. The home is always so full of warmth and cheer throughout the holiday season thanks to the wreaths, garland, bells, and lights that are part of the Christmas decor.
When I took down the Christmas decor the other day, my husband and I looked around the house and couldn’t believe how bare the home seemed. So, I immediately went to work trying to create a cozy home.
From hanging photos to draping a throw on the sofa, from placing fresh flowers throughout the home to lighting a candle … within a few hours our house was looking like a home again. After carefully placing our decor items throughout the rooms, I was finally finished and happy with the end result.
Later that evening, we lit a fire in our fireplace, enjoyed wine, and cuddled together on the couch in our, once again, cozy home. Yes, it can be a sad day with the Christmas decor is packed away … but it can also be an exciting day full of fresh starts, new beginnings, and refreshing decor.
10 Ways to Create a Cozy Home
Here are 10 ways to help keep your home cozy in winter:
- Place fresh flowers and/or plants throughout the home.
- Drape a comfy throw on your sofa or chair.
- Add throw pillows onto your sofa or chair.
- Light a scented candle.
- Cover cold floors with decorative rugs.
- Add quilts and/or sheets to your bed to increase the comfort.
- Light a fire in the fireplace.’
- Turn on lamps instead of overhead lights.
- Display family photos on walls or tabletops.
- Inspect the doors and windows to avoid drafts.
What’s your favorite way to create a cozy home?
Photo credit: jenlynnephoto via Foter.com / CC BY-ND
Leave a Reply