I’m a huge fan of having a hobby (or, in my case, many hobbies). When I was young, I played sports, took photographs, read, put together scrapbooks, played an instrument, worked on craft projects … the list goes on an on. Over the years, some hobbies have stayed, some hobbies have gone, some hobbies have come back.
Nowadays, my hobbies include writing on this site, cooking, listening to music, decorating my home, taking photographs … once again, the list goes on and on.
Why are hobbies important? You need to make sure you get me time. You’re so busy taking care of everyone and everything else. But, where do you come into the picture? For me, I’m all about having a hobby. Without a creative outlet, I would lose myself in the mix of everyday life.
Tips on Finding a Hobby
So, how does one go about finding a hobby?
Ask Yourself Questions
Answering the following questions will help you figure out what you enjoy doing most.
- What do you enjoy doing?
- What gives you a breath of fresh air?
- If you could do anything right now, what would it be?
- What is the perfect stress reliever?
- What is your favorite creative outlet?
- What makes you feel renewed?
- Do you need to be around people or do you prefer to be alone?
Analyze Past and Present Hobbies
- What did you used to do as a hobby?
- Why did you stop doing that hobby?
- What did you love most about that hobby?
- Do you want to try and pick up that hobby again?
- What is your current hobby?
- What do you love most about this hobby?
Explore New Hobbies
- Are you into music?
- Do you want to read more?
- Are you interested in coloring?
- Do you want to be adventurous?
- Do you want to start a hobby around your home?
- Are you interested in taking a class?
25 Hobbies to Start Right Now
Here’s a list of 25 hobbies that you can pick up and start as soon as you can:
- Playing an instrument
- Taking a class (art, exercise, etc.)
- Listening to podcasts
- Charting family history
- Listening to music
- Hosting a game night
- Taking photographs
- Mentoring a child
- Visiting museums
- Learning a language
- Starting a club with friends
What’s your favorite hobby?