The weather in D.C. is starting to warm up, the birds are chirping, and the skies have been nothing but a beautiful blue. Even though spring is fully upon us, it’s so hard to believe that Easter is tomorrow. Usually, when people think of Easter morning, they think of church, breakfast, chocolate bunnies, baskets, and toys. When I think of Easter morning, I think of arrows. Yes, you read that correctly. Arrows.
When it came to our house, the Easter Bunny was into arts and crafts. Every Easter morning, I would open my bedroom door only to find a colorful arrow cut out of construction paper with my name on it. One arrow would lead to another arrow would lead to another arrow would lead to another arrow…countless arrows would take me on a little adventure throughout the house. These arrows would lead me downstairs, upstairs, back downstairs again, behind the couch, into the kitchen, into the bathroom, back downstairs again, back upstairs, and then finally behind the chair…where my Easter basket was hiding. We definitely had to work for our chocolates every Easter!
As my brother and I bent over time and time again picking up our arrows, my parents would sit back and laugh. That tricky little Easter Bunny, he sure did have a sense of humor. And, as far as I’m concerned, he still does. Every year, my husband and I always get a box in the mail leading up to Easter. Covered in arrows and filled with all sorts of Easter goodies, good ‘ole E.B. still loves to cut out arrows and remind me of one of my favorite springtime traditions.
Carrot Cake Cupcakes
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups shredded carrots (5 medium carrots)
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 cup golden raisins
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and prepare a muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- Beat together the sugar, oil, and eggs in a mixer on low speed for 30 seconds.
- Add flour, cinnamon, baking soda, vanilla, and salt on low speed for 1 minute.
- Stir in carrots, walnuts, and raisins.
- Scoop the batter into the liners until each is 3/4 full.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a rack.
- Top the cupcakes with cream cheese frosting.
What is your favorite Easter/spring tradition?
Alison @ Ingredients, Inc. says
LOVE THESE! Have a great Easter weekend
Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar says
These cupcakes look heavenly!! Love it!
What a delightful way to lead someone on an Easter egg hunt. I am a huge fan of carrot cake and this cupcake sized version looks fantastic.