The one gift that I find myself using the most often is my Cuisinart Griddler. This gadget is a 4-in-1 grill/griddle and best of all, it includes hot plates for paninis. Um...this is pretty much the best thing since sliced bread. Well, this and my KitchenAid Stand Mixer.
I love making paninis because the ingredients can always be mixed and matched, resulting in delicious sandwiches each and every time they are prepared. Plus, there's just something about a crispy, cheesy, meat-filled sandwich that always has my mouth watering.
Chicken Bacon Panini
Ingredients (for one panini):
- 2 slices of fresh Italian bread
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 cup of shredded rotisserie chicken
- 2 slices bacon, cooked according to package directions
- 1 slice Mozzarella cheese
- 2 slices tomatoes
- Spring mix salad
- 1 teaspoon Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat a panini press to get the plates nice and hot.
- Spread melted butter on the outsides of bread.
- Place the toppings on one piece of bread (butter side down) in this order: chicken, bacon, cheese, tomatoes, lettuce, balsamic vinaigrette, and salt and pepper.
- Top the layers with second piece of bread (butter side up).
- Put sandwich on panini press and press down slightly; cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until bread is nice and crispy and cheese is melted.
Also, be sure to stop by The Confident's Mom blog today to read my guest post that shares a recipe for Peanut Butter and White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Blondies!