Thanks to my wedding registry (and the generous people who purchased the gifts), I have a cupboard in my kitchen that is packed full of cool and helpful kitchen electronics that really help to make my time spent in the kitchen very efficient. I came across quite a few woman who told me that “You will never use this…” or “You will never use that…” as I was putting my registry together a few years ago. Even my husband was a little skeptical about many of the gadgets that I included on our registry. But, truth be told, I have come to fall in love with each and every piece and I am so happy I decided to add them to my list of gifts.
The one gift that I find myself using the most often is my Cuisinart Griddler. This gadget is a 4-in-1 grill/griddle and best of all, it includes hot plates for paninis. Um…this is pretty much the best thing since sliced bread. Well, this and my KitchenAid Stand Mixer.
I love making paninis because the ingredients can always be mixed and matched, resulting in delicious sandwiches each and every time they are prepared. Plus, there’s just something about a crispy, cheesy, meat-filled sandwich that always has my mouth watering.
Chicken Bacon Panini
Ingredients (for one panini):
- 2 slices of fresh Italian bread
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 cup of shredded rotisserie chicken
- 2 slices bacon, cooked according to package directions
- 1 slice Mozzarella cheese
- 2 slices tomatoes
- Spring mix salad
- 1 teaspoon Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat a panini press to get the plates nice and hot.
- Spread melted butter on the outsides of bread.
- Place the toppings on one piece of bread (butter side down) in this order: chicken, bacon, cheese, tomatoes, lettuce, balsamic vinaigrette, and salt and pepper.
- Top the layers with second piece of bread (butter side up).
- Put sandwich on panini press and press down slightly; cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until bread is nice and crispy and cheese is melted.
What’s your favorite type of panini?
Also, be sure to stop by The Confident’s Mom blog today to read my guest post that shares a recipe for Peanut Butter and White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Blondies!