If you ever look inside your refrigerator and notice that you have a lot of fresh fruit rolling around in the drawers, don’t let it go to waste.
With just a few ingredients (most of which you probably already have in your kitchen), you can create a great tasting cobbler that will be a perfect treat any time of the day.
Peach, strawberry, apple…the possibilities are endless when it comes to cobbler. The warm and bubbly fruit mixed with the crunchy topping make for a delicious dish that your family and friends will love, especially if you have some vanilla ice cream on hand.
As you probably read in one of my earlier posts, my husband absolutely loves blueberries so I’m always trying to figure out different ways to bake with them. My latest creation is a Simple Black and Blue Cobbler. The sweetness of the berries and the crunchy topping will keep you, your family and friends coming back for more!
Simple Black and Blue Cobbler
- 1-2 cups blackberries
- 1-2 cups blueberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare four ramekins by spraying the inside with cooking spray.*
- Add equal parts blackberries and blueberries to each ramekin.
- Sprinkle lemon juice over the berries.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, sugar and egg; mix until it resembles coarse meal. Top the mixture over the berries.
- Drizzle butter over flour mixture.
- Place ramekins on a baking sheet and bake for 35 minutes or until the topping is slightly brown and the berries are bubbly.
*If you don’t have ramekins, feel free to use an 8-inch baking dish.