I received a great recipe for Red Skin Potato Salad from Toni, my childhood friend. She sent me a bunch of awesome recipes that I’ve been rifling through slowly but surely. The first recipe I tried was her Spinach Artichoke Dip. The dip, as well as this potato salad, were so easy to make and required a lot of ingredients that I already had in my kitchen.
This salad can be made with any type of potato that you like but I found that using red skin potatoes gave it an extra special taste with amazing color.
Red Skin Potato Salad
- 6-8 large red skin potatoes
- 1/2 lb bacon
- 2-3 celery stalks, cut into desired size
- 1 medium onion chopped (if desired)
- Mayonnaise (add at your own discretion)
- Garlic Powder (to taste)
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- Cut potatoes into medium size chunks. Toss into boiling water and cook until fork breaks potato chunk in half when pierced. Drain and put in refrigerator to cool — This helps later when mixing all of the ingredients later (cooled potatoes won’t turn into mashed potatoes).
- Cook bacon until just crispy. Remove from grease and set on paper towels. Set aside.
- Once potatoes are cold, mix in bacon, mayonnaise, celery and onion. Mix in garlic powder and salt and pepper.
- Serve cold.