At times it seems as though I have blueberries on the mind more often than not, especially when it comes to baking. My husband's favorite flavor is blueberry so I'm always trying to come up with unique ways to satisfy his cravings.
The other night I realized that I had a lot of frozen blueberries on hand so I decided to bake my blueberry quick bread. It's incredibly moist because it's loaded with blueberries. This bread is also the perfect addition to any breakfast spread...or even as a little snack after dinner. Just warm it up, top with some butter and you will have yourself one of the tastiest treats.
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg, milk and oil.
- In a separate smaller bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Gradually add this mixture to the milk mixture. Whisk together until just combined. Fold in the blueberries.
- Pour mixture into a greased 9x5-inch loaf pan. Bake for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from loaf pan; transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
I hope you get a chance to bake this bread and enjoy it as much as we do. I know you will love it!