As you probably know by now, I have an obsession with cheesecake. Raspberry, strawberry, plain, chocolate…you name it, I will most likely love it.
Recently, Philadelphia reached out to me and asked me to test out a recipe. As a thank you from Philadelphia, I received a great book filled with tasty, cream cheese-filled recipes.
After skimming through the book, I knew that I had to give their Oreo Cheesecake a try. My husband can eat an entire package of Oreo Cookies in one sitting and I have a love affair with cheesecake. In other words, this Oreo Cheesecake was a match made in heaven.
Philly Oreo Cheesecake
- 1 package (1 lb. 2 ounce) Oreo Cookies, divided
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 eggs
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.*
- Process 30 cookies in food processor until finely ground. Add butter; mix well. Press onto bottom of greased, 9-inch springform pan.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in large bowl with mixer until well blended. Add sour cream; mix well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating just until blended after each. Chop remaining cookies; stir 1 1/2 cups into batter.
- Pour mixture over crust; top with remaining chopped cookies.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Remove from oven and run a hot knife (run under hot water) around rim of pan to loosen cake from sides of pan; cool completely by refrigerating for 4 hours.
* Note: If using a dark, nonstick, 9-inch springform pan, reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees.
What’s your favorite type of cheesecake?
Recipe adapted from Philadelphia