What does my husband love to eat for breakfast? Pancakes, especially if they are blueberry-flavored. I am more of a cereal girl myself but I tend to enjoy them every once in a while.
The other morning I set out a bowl, some milk and a spoon. It wasn’t until I opened the cupboard that I realized we were fresh out of cereal. I absolutely hate it when that happens. But then again, my husband will be the first to tell you that I go through cereal a bit too fast (alright, to be honest, way too fast).
Instead of heading into work on an empty stomach, which is never a good idea, I scoped out the items in the cupboard and fridge and figured I had enough ingredients to make some good old-fashioned pancakes. The great thing about this recipe is that you probably already have all of the ingredients in your kitchen.
Instead of relying on boxed brands, why don’t you give this homemade recipe a try the next time your family is craving pancakes? It’s super easy and takes very little time to prepare. Plus, they taste better than the store-bought brands! What’s not to love about that?
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, egg and melted butter.
- Mix the dry and wet ingredients together and whisk until smooth.
- Warm a greased griddle or frying pan over medium heat. Pour the batter onto the griddle and brown on both sides.
Feel free to add blueberries, chocolate chips or any other extra treats. Just be sure to fold in these ingredients at the end before pouring the batter on the griddle or frying pan.
What’s your favorite item to add to pancake batter?