Let’s face it. Mornings can be tricky. First of all, who jumps right out of bed excited to tackle the day? I sure don’t. I’ve never been a morning person but I also have never been a sleep in person. With that being said, it takes me a few minutes to get up and get going for the day, especially after working late.
With two kids (a four-year-old and a one-year-old), a husband (who usually has left the house for the day before the time my alarm goes off), two dogs, a house to take care of, a work-at-home full-time 40+ hour a week job as the Director of Account Management for an online agency, a photography business, and this blog, my to do list every day is pretty intense. I don’t nap (I’ve never been a napper) so when my head hits the pillow every night, I’m fast asleep within minutes (if not seconds).
To help me keep things organized, I rely heavily on a strong morning routine. I’m very much a routine person. Yes, I can veer away from the routine when need be. But, I always try to get back to the routine as soon as I can. My weekday morning routine helps keep me on track, accountable, responsible, and productive.
My Weekday Morning Routine Schedule
If you were to ask me, “What helps you accomplish things through the day?” My answer would easily be one word: routine. Here’s a quick at-a-glance of my weekday morning routine.
My Weekday Morning Routine Breakdown
Without a routine, I feel a bit unorganized and hectic. I rely so much on my weekday morning routine to help me get through the busy mornings.
- 6:00 a.m.:Wake up to an alarm, check the baby monitor, scroll through my phone, make the bed, put on workout gear, and go downstairs.
- 6:30 a.m.: Grab a bottle of water, turn on my workout app (I’m in love with the BBG Program by Kayla Itsines and have been doing it for the past 12 weeks) and the television (I like to watch the news while I work out), and complete my workout for the day. My son usually comes downstairs around 7:00 a.m. I’ll change the channel for him and he’ll cuddle up on the couch and watch cartoons while I finish up my workout.
- 7:15 a.m.: Give my son a shower and get him ready for the day, give myself a shower and get ready for the day, bathe my daughter (she wakes up around 7:30 a.m.), and prepare breakfast (smoothies for everyone, coffee for me, and food for everyone).
- 7:45 .a.m.: Hop on the computer and answer work emails while my kiddos play in the playroom. I’ll usually bounce between answering emails and playing with the kids until my son has to go to school.
- 8:00 a.m.: Run the dishwasher and toss a load of laundry into the washing machine.
- 9:00 a.m.: Drop of my son at preschool and then head home with my daughter so that we can play. Every Friday, my daughter and I go on breakfast dates to a local cafe after my son is dropped off at school.
- 9:45 a.m.: Put my daughter down for a nap. I spend the rest of the morning on my computer getting work done. My daughter wakes up a few minutes before noon which is perfect since we pick up my son from preschool at noon.
- 11:55 a.m.: Hop in the car with my daughter and head to my son’s preschool to pick him up at noon.
What’s your weekday morning routine like?
[…] switched up my workout routine and am now doing the Alexia Clark workouts every morning. I used to do the BBG workouts, but needed […]