When I was driving home from dropping off my son at school this morning, I couldn’t wait to get home and enjoy breakfast. Besides thoughts of taking care of my son and the day that lies ahead, one of my first thoughts every morning is usually about food. I love food. There is hardly a day that goes by where I don’t sit down at the table or counter in the morning and enjoy breakfast.
Over time, I’ve noticed that there are certain types of breakfast people.
- There are those people who go all out for breakfast. From eggs to pancakes to sausage to toast to endless coffee… I’m talking the works.
- There are those people who prepare breakfast in advance, rely on the microwave, or stop by the local fast food place. Whether they make breakfast sandwiches, enjoy frozen foods, or make a quick stop in the morning, these people are all about convenience.
- There are those people who pour themselves a bowl of cereal (sometimes with fruit in it), glass of juice, and/or cup of coffee.
- There are those people who scoop out of a grapefruit, enjoy a breakfast bar, or dig into a yogurt.
- There are those people who skip breakfast.
What Kind of Breakfast Person Are You?
Me? I’m all about cereal, juice, and coffee. Hardly a day goes by where I don’t pour myself a bowl of cereal, juice, and coffee. To me, that’s the perfect way to fill me up and get me fueled for the day ahead.
My husband? He’s a blend. He hardly ever eats breakfast but when he does he goes all out. Eggs, toast, coffee … yes, the works.
It’s funny when I look back at the types of breakfast my son enjoys in the morning. When I wake up with him, I give him fruit, cereal, and milk. Sometimes, I’ll throw a yogurt into the mix. Totally my kind of breakfast. When my husband wakes up with him, I walk downstairs to the smell of cooked eggs and toast. Totally my husband’s kind of breakfast.
Since my husband wakes up super early every morning to head to work, preparing a massive feast in the morning is not in the cards for him. So, the other day when he went grocery shopping, he came home with a few boxes of his favorite kind of cereal. He wants to start eating breakfast before work and figured having his favorite cereal in the house would help make this happen.
This was at the beginning of the week. The boxes are still unopened.
But, he just sent me a text saying that he can’t wait to go to one of our favorite restaurants tomorrow morning and get French toast.
I’m not going to lie, it’s the best French toast I’ve ever had and my mouth waters just thinking about it. But, I can’t help but laugh at the irony, right?
What kind of breakfast person are you?
Photo via My Name Is Yeh.