Ladies (and gents who have a murse), do yourself a favor and clean out your handbag. Seriously. Stop what you’re doing, empty the contents of your handbag, trash/recycle everything you don’t need, organize your bag, wipe it down, and go on living your life and feeling organized. You might think that this task is so tiny but boy oh boy does it make a difference.
My handbag has always been a loading place. Receipts? Toss them in there. Change? Toss them in there too. Lip glass, chapstick, mirrors, etc.? Why not, just add them in there too. I carry such a small purse but it’s truly impressive just how much “stuff” I can squeeze into every nook and cranny. Before I know it, I’m lost in the mess and it’s tough to find my way out. The struggle is real, folks.
How To Clean Out Your Handbag
Here are tips for cleaning a handbag:
- Dump everything out of your purse.
- Go through each item and decide whether you are going to trash, recycle, keep, replace, and store in a different location.
- Try and pull out the inside of your bag so that you can clean the material.
- Wipe down the outside of your handbag.
- Make sure you go through your wallet to organize your money, cards, etc.
- Place everything into your handbag with purpose (e.g., lipgloss goes in the zipper pock, wallet goes in the main part, etc.).
- Set a goal to clean out your handbag once a month (it only takes about five minutes).
How do you make sure your handbag stays organized?