I cannot believe that Christmas is next weekend…my oh my has the time flown by! As I sit here listening to Christmas music, I can officially admit that I’ve been bit by the holiday bug. The day after Thanksgiving, I went straight downstairs, moved box after box of Christmas decor upstairs and got to work decorating our home. The next day, my husband and I picked out our beautiful Christmas tree, brought it home, placed the ornaments and lights all around it and took it all in. Our house looked and smelled like Christmas and it couldn’t have made me happier…however, I think I was still in shock that it was already December.
Earlier this week, it finally dawned on me that Christmas was quickly approaching and, since it’s one of my favorite holidays, I needed to embrace all of the wonder and beauty of the holiday season. The day after my husband and I put up the Christmas lights and wreaths outside, I woke up and headed straight for the coffeemaker as I do every morning. As I was pouring my coffee, I looked out the window and froze…it was finally snowing. With a decorated house, gifts under the tree, snowflakes falling, the dogs snoring away in the living room and my husband still asleep, it was a moment all to myself…a moment of pure and utter happiness.
One of my favorite parts of this holiday has always been about spending time with family and friends as we all share in smiles and laughter. One of my favorite memories from my younger years were the days leading up Christmas when my Mom and I would make dozens of holiday treats. We would spend all day in the kitchen mixing, baking, decorating and tasting one delicious treat after another. Remembering these days always puts a smile on my face so I thought I would share some of the amazing holiday treat recipes that I’ve discovered from so many amazing bloggers.
Brownies, Cookies and Bars
- Banana Drop Cookies from How To: Simplify
- Brownie Covered Oreos from Picky Palate
- Caramel Creme Toffee Nut Cookies from Bakers Royals
- Cappucino Shortbread from Sugarcrafter
- Chocolate and Peanut Butter Chip Cookies from How To: Simplify
- Chocolate and Peppermint Candy Cane Wedding Cookies from Cookin’ Canuck
- Chocolate Bites with Candy Cane Kisses from Three Many Cooks
- Cranberry Pumpkin Ricotta Cookies from Family Fresh Cooking
- Cream Cheese Spriz Cookies from Sugarcrafter
- Dark Chocolate Chip and Peanut Butter Cookies from Ingredients, Inc.
- Holiday Sugar Cookies from Vino Luci Style
- Lace Cookies from Two Peas and Their Pod
- Peppermint Mocha Blossoms from My Baking Addiction
- Pomegranate White Chocolate Chunk Cookies from Two Peas and Their Pod
- Snow Cookies from Add a Pinch
- Toffee Chocolate Chip Cookies from How To: Simplify
- Apple Pie Cupcakes from Annie’s Eats
- Eggnog Cupcakes from Annie’s Eats
- Hot Chocolate Cupcakes from Picky Palate
- Banana and Chocolate Chip Muffins from How To: Simplify
- Chocolate Chip Muffins from How To: Simplify
- Doughnut Muffins from How To: Simplify
- Apple Cinnamon Puff Pastry Twists from How To: Simplify
- Flaky Apple Turnovers from Annie’s Eats
- Nutella, Banana and Coconut Puff Pastry Cups from How To: Simplify
- Nutella Palmiers from How To: Simplify
Other Tasty Treats
- Chocolate Bourbon Tart from Modern Comfort Food
- Chocolate Nutella Fudge with Sea Salt from Cookin’ Canuck
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups from Buns in My Oven
- Chocolate Peppermint Whoopie Pies from Wicked Good Dinner
- Cinnamon Pound Cake from Sing For Your Supper
- Cranberry Brownie Cobbler from My Baking Addiction
- Creamy Caramels from La Fuji Mama
- Creamy Homemade Peppermint Patties from She’s Becoming Doughmesstic
- Crescent Cinnamon Rolls from How To: Simplify
- Dark Chocolate Truffles from Sugarcrafter
- Fig and Walnut Biscotti from Brown Eyed Baker
- Homemade Hot Cocoa Mix from Brown Eyed Baker
- Homemade Peppermint Candy Cane Marshmallows from Family Fresh Cooking
- Old-Fashioned Apple Pie from How To: Simplify
- Peppermint Bark from Add a Pinch
Knowing that the holiday season can be stressful for the hostess with the mostest, Mandi from Life…Your Way put together this fantastic eBook complete with recipes for cookies, as well as nuts and candy that family and friends are sure to enjoy. It features more than 15 bloggers who provided information, recipes, tips and tricks to help make holiday treats that are loaded with flavor.
What is your favorite holiday treat? If you have any tasty treats to add to the list, be sure to send them to me!