One of my favorite ways to prepare banana bread is straight and smooth with no nuts and no chunks. However, there are some days when I’m craving a little extra heartiness in banana bread. The beautiful thing about banana bread is that additional ingredients like pecans can be thrown into the batter to give it a dramatically different taste and texture.
Another great part about banana bread is that it’s a quick bread so there is no yeast or rising time involved in the prep work. It’s a very fast and easy bread to prepare. All you need to do is combine the ingredients in a large bowl, pour the batter into a loaf pan, throw it in the oven and an hour later you’ll have a beautiful and delicious golden loaf of banana bread.
Banana Pecan Bread
- 3 or 4 ripe bananas, smashed
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- With a wooden spoon, mix the butter into the smashed bananas in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix in the sugar, egg and vanilla.
- Sprinkle in the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix together all ingredients.
- Add the flour and mix.
- Fold in the pecans.
- Pour mixture into a greased 4×8-inch loaf pan. Sprinkle a few pecans on the top of the mixture.
- Bake for one hour or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool on rack for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan, slice and serve.
What’s your favorite way to bake banana bread?