We’re heading to Chicago this weekend and I could not be more excited because it’s one of my favorite cities. Chicago is filled with great places to visit and amazing charm…and I can’t forget to mention the delicious food!
Just thinking about Chicago-style pizza is making my mouth water. The buttery, deep-dish crust and all of the ooey, gooey toppings make for an unbelievable pizza…New Yorkers, you don’t know what you’re missing!
In anticipation of our mini-getaway, I had pizza on my mind this past weekend. To help satisfy my craving, I got to work and created a BBQ Chicken Pizza that my husband claimed as being “one of his all-time favorite pizzas.” Now that’s saying something…
BBQ Chicken Pizza
Ingredients (for one pizza — double for two pizzas):
- 1 fresh pizza dough (this recipe makes two pizza crusts)
- Kosher Salt (to taste)
- Freshly ground pepper (to taste)
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce (or more, depending on the size of the crust)
- 1 cup rotisserie chicken, shredded and coated in BBQ sauce
- 1/2 whole red onion, cut in half and sliced thin
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded (or more, depending on the size of the crust)
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Roll/stretch out one pizza crust and place on a greased baking sheet or greased pizza pan; sprinkle crust with salt and pepper.
- Spoon barbecue sauce over the crust. Top sauce with shredded chicken, onions and top with shredded mozzarella.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until crust is golden brown and toppings are bubbly.
- Repeat with second crust (if you decide to make two pizzas).