Bacon, Cheese and Tomato QuesadillaThursday, September 16, 2010
Since the weather took a sharp drop in temps (yes, I know I'm originally from Michigan and I should be used to the colder temps but I now come from a place with insanely hot heat and even more insane humidity), we decided to attend this amazing festival that took place in Royal Oak which was called Arts, Beats and Eats. As stated in its name, this event was filled with amazing art, great music and delicious food. My parents, husband and I had such a wonderful time walking the streets of Royal Oak as we took in all of the sights, sounds and, of course, food.
At the end of the day, we still had food tickets in our hands so I figured that we would give the BBQ chicken quesadillas a try. After the first bite I was glad that we decided to spend our remaining food tickets on this little gem. The flavor combo was delicious and I immediately added it to my "to make" list.
Last night, even though I didn't have BBQ sauce or chicken on hand, I did have turkey bacon, shredded cheddar cheese and tomatoes so I decided to melt these ingredients between two flour tortillas to make this delicious Bacon, Cheese and Tomato Quesadilla. Eventually I will get around to making the BBQ chicken quesadilla...but in the meantime, I enjoyed this quesadilla so much last night that I look forward to eating another one during lunchtime today.
Bacon, Cheese and Tomato Quesadilla
Ingredients (for one quesadilla):
- 2 8-inch flour tortillas
- 1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tomato, chopped
- 2 strips of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Optional: Sour cream, chives, salsa
- Heat a non-stick saute pan over medium-high heat.
- Place one tortilla on the hot and dry pan.
- Sprinkle cheese, tomatoes and bacon over the tortilla. Top with the second tortilla.
- Heat for 2-3 minutes and then flip and heat for an additional 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted and the tortillas are slightly browned.
- Remove from the pan, cut into wedges and serve warm with sour cream and chives or salsa.