As a result, I went to the grocery store and picked up countless ingredients in preparation for my cooking and baking marathon. After getting home from the store, I had a severe craving for pizza.
As ridiculous as this sounds, pizza wasn't something that I had planned on cooking (go figure) so I looked through my cupboard and refrigerator to see what ingredients I had. Thankfully, I had all of the ingredients to make one of my favorite recipes for pizza dough.
Now, there are a lot of recipes out there for easy pizza dough but most of them require a bunch of different ingredients (that you'll hardly ever use again unless you make the same recipe) and a long time to prepare. Now, how is that easy? This recipes only requires a handful of ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry. And even though it requires two hours to rise, the actual preparation time is approximately 15 minutes or so.
Easy Pizza Dough
- 2 1/4 teaspoon active dry yeast (1 envelope)
- 1 cup warm water (around 105 - 110 degrees F)
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- extra virgin olive oil
- Pour water in a small bowl and dissolve yeast in the water.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir flour and salt together.
- Add yeast mixture and stir ingredients until they are smooth.
- Allow the dough to rest for 10 minutes.
- With floured hands, knead the dough for 10 minutes, or until the dough becomes elastic and smooth. If the dough is too sticky, feel free to add some flour and work it in gradually until it is no longer sticky.
- Divide the dough into two balls and coat each ball with olive oil.
- Coat two medium bowls with olive oil and place one ball into each bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and let the dough rise in a warm place until it doubles in size (approximately 1 1/2 hours). If you only plan on eating one pizza, place the other bowl in the refrigerator (lasts up to 24 hours) or in the freezer (if you want to save it for a later date).
- Roll out dough onto a greased pizza dish and add your favorite pizza toppings.
- Place in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes, or until the crust turns brown and the toppings are heated and melted, at 500 degrees.
I love all kinds of pizza toppings. For this recipe, I used pizza sauce, onions, mushrooms, tomatoes and fresh mozzarella. What are your favorite pizza toppings?