Are you in the mood to spice up your typical pasta/tomato sauce combo? Why don’t you throw in some chicken and mozzarella? This easy chicken parmesan dish is guaranteed to make the whole family happy. Plus, it’s easy to make and it only takes about 30 minutes to cook!
Easy Chicken Parmesan
Prep time: approximately 10 minutes
Cook time: approximately 30 minutes
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/2 inch thickness
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 slices mozzarella cheese, or more
- 1 jar (16 oz.) spaghetti sauce
- Parmesan cheese
- Spaghetti noodles
- Whisk together the egg and milk. Dip the chicken breasts in the milk and egg mixture and then dip in seasoned bread crumbs.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillt over medium-high heat. Brown the chicken in the hot oil on both sides until golden brown, about 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Set chicken in a baking dish.
- Put two slices of mozzarella on each chicken breast.
- Pour one jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce over all.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and a little more mozzarella.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 25 to 30 minutes, or until bubbly.
- While dish is baking, cook spaghetti noodles (according to directions).
Serve the chicken over top of the spaghetti, toss together a nice green salad and cook (or heat) up some garlic bread…enjoy!
*Photo courtesy of LaaLoosh
Leave a Reply