We’re only a few days into the new year which means that we have a fresh start. I love starting the year off with a clean home. After I put away all of the holiday decor, I can’t help but give the home a good cleaning to help rid surfaces of dust, floors of dirt, and windows of grime.
With kiddos running around, dogs dropping fur all over the place, and the laundry piling up, how is it possible to keep and maintain a clean home? I love a good cleaning hack. Over the years, I’ve learned a thing or two when it comes to cleaning. Here are some of my favorite cleaning hacks that I love using to maintain a clean home.
10 Simple Cleaning Hacks for Your Home
- Use a dryer sheet to clean baseboards and to repel dog fur.
- Pour Barkeepers Friend into your stainless steel sink. Add a little bit of water and scrub. Rinse with water and watch your sink shine.
- Fill a blender with soapy water and run it to easily clean the device.
- Wear rubber gloves, dip them in water, and wipe away pet fur.
- Pour a little Barkeepers Friend into a pot that has burnt on food, add water, and scrub until clean.
- Rub a lemon over the surface of your faucets to remove hard water stains.
- Pour equal parts of water and vinegar into a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for five minutes. Wipe the surface clean with a sponge.
- Run a few lemon slices in your garbage disposal to make it smell better.
- Clean blinds by wearing old socks on your hands that are sprayed with all-purpose cleaner.
- Use baby wipes to spot clean fabrics since they contain a small amount of moisture and gentle cleaning agents.
As you know, I’m all about simplifying and I love to help people simplify. I’m a firm believer that cleaning, cooking, and decorating don’t have to be complicated. Instead, there are simple steps that you can follow to help simplify your home. Now, you can simplify your home with my beautiful, helpful printable for only $2.99.
This handbook includes 25 pages of checklists, hacks, tips, and tricks to help you simplify your home. This is the ultimate handbook to help you clean, declutter, make your home cozy, add curb appeal, organize, and stock your kitchen. Featuring beautiful photos and simple tips, this handbook will inspire you as you simplify. Click here to learn more about the handbook and click here to get your copy today.
What’s your favorite cleaning hack?