Happy first day of October! I must say, this is one of my favorite months. Even though I’m sad to see the warm days of summer go into hibernation, I look forward to the sights, sounds, smells, and tastes of fall. The leaves are changing from green to orange, the wardrobes are changing from flip flops to boots, and the dishes are changing from light and refreshing to warm and comforting.
With my house already decorated for the fall season and the Halloween holiday, I look forward to embracing the tastes of fall by sharing soups, stews, and casseroles. Oh, and I cannot forget the pumpkin-flavored treats that will barely make it from my oven to counter without a few taste tests. I look forward to sharing all of these rustic, warm, and inviting dishes that I hope you and your family will love during this time of year.
With the changing of the seasons comes the changing of How To: Simplify as well. Not only am I celebrating the official start of the fall season (and my favorite month), I’m also celebrating the launch of the How To: Simplify Weekly Recipe Club Newsletter.
On How To: Simplify, I love to share tips, tricks, and simple recipes that are easy to prepare and full of flavor. Let’s face it, food doesn’t have to be complicated to taste good. In an effort to help people fall in love and stay in love with cooking, I’ve created a Weekly Recipe Club in the form of a newsletter that I hope you find to be an inspiration when it comes to baking and cooking.
In each Weekly Recipe Club newsletter, you will receive the following:
- Four simple recipes that are full of flavor that you and your family will love.
- Helpful tips and and tricks that will make cooking more enjoyable.
- Reader comment of the week about a recipe on the site.
- Reader question of the week that I received on one of my posts that will be answered in the newsletter.
- Featured food blog of the week that is a true inspiration for food and photography.
- Free printable that will look great displayed in your kitchen.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 lb sweet ground sausage
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 pizza dough
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Pinch of Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup Pesto sauce
- 1/2 cup sliced portobello mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons sliced olives
- 5 slices of fresh mozzarella cheese, torn into pieces
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a saute pan. Place the uncooked sausage into the pan and cook until brown. Drain the fat from the pan.
- Sprinkle flour over flat surface such as a cutting board. Roll out pizza dough into a circle. Spoon the olive oil over the dough and cover to spread the entire top of the dough. Sprinkle the dough with Kosher salt.
- Cover the dough with pesto sauce.
- Sprinkle the mushrooms, olives, sausage, and mozzarella cheese over the dough. Top the dough with a sprinkle of the Italian seasoning.
- Place in the oven and bake for 18-20 or until the dough and cheese are slightly browned.
- Serve warm.
Do you love pizza but don’t have the right tools to make your own pie at home? You’re in luck. With this pizza making kit by All-Clad, you will have the perfect set to create your own pizza and join in the pizza party fun!
How To Enter:
Disclaimer: This giveaway is not sponsored by All-Clad. For more terms and conditions, please view the tab on the Rafflecopter widget.