I recently discovered that blondies are my absolute favorite treat. They are chewy and flavorful with wonderful undertones of molasses due to the brown sugar. What I also realized is that they are one of the best treats to serve in my house. My husband is quite the chocoholic and I am...well, let's just say the Cookie Monster and I could become the best of friends. Since blondies are basically massive cookies in brownie form, I figure baking them is an easy way to help satisfy both of our cravings. What's not to love about that?
Another added bonus to this treat is that blondies are incredibly easy to prepare and bake. All you need is one mixing bowl, one baking dish and a few ingredients to create mouth-watering blondies that make it very difficult to eat just one.
Blondies also come in many different variations which make them fun to prepare and bake. As you can see with this recipe, I had quite a few ingredients in my baking pantry that I really wanted to use to make room for more goodies. I decided to throw some peanut butter chips, white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts into the blondie mix and the end result was delicious!
Peanut Butter and White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Blondies
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) plus 2 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 9x13 pan (or, if you have a special brownie pan, go ahead and use that -- these pans are the best).
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the butter, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla extract for about one minute.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt and continue to mix.
- Fold in peanut butter chips, white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts, mixing until just combined.
- Press dough into pan and bake for 20 to 25 minutes (if using the special brownie pan, bake for an additional 5-10 minutes).
- Cool in pan and cut into 3x1 1/2 inch bar.
If you want to see another great recipe that involves peanut butter, stop by The Confident Mom's blog to see my guest post that includes a recipe for Scotcheroos!